McCall MacBain Fully Funded Scholarship
McGill University Scholarship: Here is an exciting opportunity for outstanding and eligible candidates to advance their academic careers in Canada through relocation. The application is now open for the 2024 McGill University Fully Funded McCall MacBain Scholarship for International Students, which offers the chance to study in Canada.
This prestigious scholarship aims to provide comprehensive academic support, covering all academic expenses, to promote the fulfillment of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG 4, which focuses on ensuring access to quality education for those who may not have the means to afford it.
Table of Contents
- About the McCall MacBain Scholarship
- Brief Scholarship Details
- Full Scholarship Benefits
- Eligibility Requirements
- Required Documents
- Application Procedure
About the McCall MacBain Scholarship
McGill University in Canada offers the McCall MacBain Scholarship, a very prestigious and fully financed scholarship program. The scholarship, which was established in 2021, is named after John and Marcy McCall MacBain, who are passionate benefactors and leaders in social impact initiatives.
The award seeks to attract and assist extraordinary and bright students from all around the world who show a strong dedication to leadership, social impact, and academic performance. It offers these exceptional students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies at McGill University, one of Canada’s most prestigious and regarded institutions.
Brief Scholarship Details
Sponsor: McGill University
Type: Postgraduate Scholarship
Study Country: Canada
Study University: McGill University
Award Value: Tuition Fees | Travel Allowance and others
Eligible Countries: All countries
Application Deadline: 24 August 2023
Full Scholarship Benefits
Below are the benefits of the McGill University Fully Funded McCall MacBain Scholarship:
- There are a total of 10 McCall MacBain scholarships, 25 international finalist awards of $20,000, and 15 regional awards of $10,000 for international students.
- Applicants will get a full tuition fee for the duration of their degree.
- Students will also receive a 2,000 CAD monthly stipend.
- Applicants will get a one-time relocation grant for moving to Montréal.
- Students who will not pursue an academic term during the summer break may apply for summer funding up to $5,000 to pursue unique and meaningful summer experiences.
- Scholarship recipients will also get a chance to participate in a leadership development program, connect with international advisors and mentors, build community, and attend different workshops and talks.
- An amazing experience and opportunity to study for free in Canada as an international student.
To be eligible to apply for the McCall MacBain Scholarship 2024 cohort, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:
- Applicants can be Canadian citizens or international students to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Furthermore, applicants should be less than 30 years old.
- They must be current students on track to get their first bachelor’s degree by August 2024.
- Applicants must have earned their first bachelor’s degree in the past five years (till January 2018 or later).
- International students must pursue their studies full-time.
- Applicants who have a thesis in the French language have higher chances of enrollment.
Below are the documents required for the scholarship application:
- 2 References (one academic and one professional)
- Official or Unofficial transcript
- One-page resume
Kindly follow the step-by-step procedures below to apply for the scholarship:
Step 1: Click on the Apply button given below, and make an account on the official website to start your application process.
Step 2: Old users should log in while new users should click on the create account link
Step 3: At the start of the application, applicants must provide personal information about themselves and their family members in the application form.
Step 4: Then applicants should share their community activities, work history, extra-curricular activities, and any breaks that they have taken.
Step 5: After that, they are required to write a 250-word short essay describing their future goals and activities and must upload their resume and official or unofficial transcript.
Step 6: To attach the reference letters, applicants have to submit a reference request; after submitting the request, your mentioned referees will get an email attaching a link to submit their reference letter.
Step 7: Applicants are to submit their application after completing the above steps on or before 24 August 2024.
Visit the McCall MacBain Scholarship Official Website for More Information